Wednesday, March 30, 2011

back on weight watchers - week 1

So, last Monday, the 21st, I weighed myself, entered it into weight watchers (very disappointed with myself at the gain since the beginning of the year), and decided I was done gaining. It doesn't matter how many medications and steroids doctors give me, I can make some changes, so I did. When I got back on the scale this past Monday (the 28th), I lost 8.8 pounds, in one week! I was simply amazed. I didn't make excellent choices all week, but I did make much better choices. I was worried though, because Friday night I went with some friends to Winstar and had Starbucks on the way, and ate at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill while we were there. I ordered without really thinking (it was 11:00 at night, I was hungry), and had a cheeseburger, with fries. Even with all of that (and I'm sure other unhealthy decisions), I still lost. I didn't even workout, not once. In fact, I got on the weight watchers message board the Monday I decided to start over, worried about not being able to work out due to the blackouts. I was encouraged by so many others that said they lost weight simply by sticking to their points, and then were able to workout once they were in better shape. I've worked out in the past, and I'm hoping I can again soon when my blood counts are higher. Today, I did a 10 minute kickboxing session, which is so incredibly short, but I stopped before I blacked out. Tomorrow, I plan to do atleast 10-15 minutes on the elliptical. I'm encouraged by the loss, and this week has been pretty good as well. I'm trying to stay off the scale until Monday morning, but I'm positive it will show a loss as well. I start back to work on Monday, against a few of my doctor's suggestions. They didn't tell me I couldn't go back to work, but they did tell me they were concerned about it. I had a 4 hour doctor's appointment on Monday, and they were testing my memory and comprehension. I did ok on the comprehension, but not too fabulous on the memory tests. With the memory tests not being too great, and me being unable to track conversations when over stimulated, the doctor is concerned with me returning. However, I really want to go back, finish out the year with my kids, and then move on to something different. Luckily, the sub my kids have had is going to stay with me, lesson plan, and help grade papers. I am so blessed to have her stay! She will be there incase something happens to me, if I need to go to the doctor, and so I don't get overwhelmed in general. This is such a blessing for me, and I know it will make going back so much easier. I know some people won't understand why I will have extra help in my room, but after the number of blackouts, falls, migraines, and concussions I've had, it's nice to have some help. Tonight, Russell and I started talking about possibly taking a cruise sometime in August or September. We haven't been anywhere since 2006, and it gives me something to work towards. :) He isn't 100% sold on the cruise idea, after the cruise that had the rescued recently, but I think I almost have him convinced. If he had his way, we would go to Ixtapa, Mexico, where he went with his family while he was in high school. Unfortunatley, those all inclusives are about twice the price of a cruise, so I think a cruise it is. We will see. I'm hoping we can get away soon. Of course, our best friends are moving to Italy, so we will (or I will) be making that trip within the next two years hopefully. So, that's all for now. I'm 8.8 pounds down, and hopefully by Monday I can add to that number. :) Photobucket

8 comments:

Mel said...

Glad it was a good week for weight loss. Keep up the good choices and you will continue to lose. Congrats!

Jennifer said...

Way to go, Blaire! This weight loss will be such a help for you in so many ways and you will definitely feel better! It was amazing how much better I felt after losing 45. You can definitely do it with or without exercise. Slow and steady!

Sukrati Johri said...

To get any help directly for BT Password call us on this number or visit us at http://www.customercarenumber.co.uk/bt-com-change-password-reset-help/.

Sukrati Johri said...

To get any yahoo help you can directly call our yahoo customer service contact number 0800 058 8156 or visit us at http://www.customercarenumber.co.uk/yahoo-forget-password-recover-helpline-number/.

Sukrati Johri said...

To get any yahoo help you can directly call our yahoo customer service contact number 0800 058 8156 or visit us at http://www.customercarenumber.co.uk/yahoo-customer-service-contact-number/

Sukrati Johri said...

To get any help directly for Hotmail password call us on this number 08004101016 or visit us at http://www.passwordhelp.co.uk/services/hotmail-contact-telephone-number.html.

Sukrati Johri said...

Hi Friend! Amazing Blog. If you want any help in website development feel free to visit us at http://anomla.com/website_development_company.html.

Sukrati Johri said...

Hello, Your Blog is great. If you need any help in website designing please visit us at http://anomla.com/website_design_company.html.