Tuesday, August 31, 2010

new school year...

It's been one week and two days and I'm exhausted. I have an amazing class, they are so sweet. We have lost a second grade teacher, so I got four of her kiddos. The entire losing a teacher situation is very sad, but I hope her kids adjust well. The other kids and I have a great bond. I look forward to a great year with them. So far, my kids enjoy telling me about their future plans to outer space (they just plan to call NASA and tell them they need to get on the spaceship, simple as that!), complaining that people are breathing on them, and they LOVE when I read them books. I've had one blackout episode, last Tuesday, and I was sent home. It was highly disappointing, but I'm just taking it a day at a time.
We were scheduled to go to Louisiana to see our boys this weekend, but we've cancelled the trip. We thought we wouldn't have a game this Saturday, since it's Labor Day weekend, but we do have a game. Russell didn't want to miss the game, and apparently there are storms headed to Louisiana, so we aren't going. I'm bummed we aren't seeing the boys, but I'm sure we will eventually. :)
That's the update for now. More to come soon, if I remember...


Photobucket

No comments: