Saturday, July 10, 2010

I should have updated...

No blood clot, and I'm home as of Monday, and the best news of all - I haven't been back!!! They told us on Saturday there was no blood clot, but then they did an MRI on Sunday and they thought it showed something on the left side of my brain. I was told I was being sent back down for an MRI with contrast. So, back down to the MRI machine I went, but they didn't put any contrast in my IV, so I thought that was strange. I get settled back into my room, and a few minutes later they come in and say,"Mrs. Reagan, we need to take you down for a MRI with contrast." I told them I thought I was just down there for that, but apparently they did the wrong test, they did an MRA instead. Lovely, back to the MRI machine I go. Luckily I'm not one of those that freaks out over the MRI machine too much, but I wasn't too happy. It wasn't until Monday morning when they told me the second MRI came back normal, and it must have been an artifact on the first. Hm...ok. So, first I've been told probably a blood clot, but no. Then told probably a new spot on the brain, but no. At this point I was ready to go home, and my headache pain was down to about a 7-8, and the medicine wasn't working. In fact, I had an allergic reaction all over to the medicine they were giving me, after having it 4-5 times. I was fine the first few times, and then all of a sudden my arm was red and swollen, I started itching, and my throat was closing. What an adventure. The good news was I was able to still see fireworks on Saturday night from my room window. In fact, I was able to see the fireworks shows from several cities, so that was nice. Of course, Russell was up at my room from 8am-11pm each day. I didn't want him to have to spend the night. I didn't want to be there, I sure didn't want to force someone else to stay there. The yeller across the hall finally calmed down at night and I was able to sleep the last 2 nights I was there, but being home has been much better. Maggie and I spent most of the week resting up.
On Friday Russell and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. It's hard to believe it's been five years, but in other ways it seems like we've been together forever. He's so great to me, and I'm so thankful he married me. On Friday Kasey and I went to lunch and went for pedicures. That night Russell and I went back to the horse races in the rain and had a great time. We didn't win any money, but we did have a great time being together. Lots of laughs and teasing over who would be better at picking the winning horse. Apparently, neither one of us are good at that!!
On our way home we started talking about his mom, Penny. It's hard to believe she's gone, but we are so thankful she was there five years ago to celebrate our special day. She's buried in the dress she wore to our wedding, and she just glowed in that dress that day. We miss her terribly, and somedays I'm not sure how Russell is able to handle things so well. I'm afraid someday he will wake up and reality will hit him that she's really gone, but I guess if that happens it will be ok. It's just still unbelievable, and if I sit and think about it I can't help but cry. I feel like she is going to miss out on so much, but I guess not really. She's still with us, and I need to remember that.
Ok, enough for tonight. I'm home, I'm feeling a little better, we are happily celebrating five years, and we miss his mom. That's a good summary. :)
Photobucket

No comments: