Thursday, July 29, 2010

ch-ch-ch-changes....

I taught 2nd grade for two years, moved up to 4th for three years, and I'm moving back to second this year. Hopefully it will be less stressful since there is no state testing at the end of the year. Not that the kids aren't expected to prove their learning, but it's less stressful. The school won't be judged based on how my kids perform. My kids always did very well, but it always took it's toll on me. So, I'm super excited about the change. Plus, my best friend teaches second at my school as well. We never thought we would be teaching together! We don't always see eye to eye, but we will be quite a duo in second grade.
After my cyst rupture, I was told to consult with my "female" doctor about new medicine. My neurologist said it would be ok for her to put me back on birth control to control the cyst since all of my levels have gone back down to normal. The spinal tap showed that everything was back under control, so he felt it would be ok to now look at controlling the cyst. The OBGYN informed me we are running out of options. My regular doctor and neurologist didn't want me on something with too much hormone (too much info? sorry!), so my OBGYN said we are running out of options. She said she doesn't see any problem with me getting pregnant at this point, but I see lots of problems. 1. my weight. 2. blacking out (although, that's gotten much better!) 3. my blood sugar goes crazy with any change. She said all of that could be monitored, but I think I'm just too scared and want things to be healthier before I try that. She did inform me that since I had brain vasculitis I would have to get a shot everyday when I'm pregnant. Ouch. So, maybe in the next year or so, we have things to work on in the mean time.
Other than that, not much has been going on. Kennie and Sarah had their national basketball tournament, and did very well. Kennie lost to the team that eventually won in their grade level, and Sarah's team won first place! We were proud of both of them. Now, I'm just resting up and looking forward to getting into my new classroom. I'm looking forward to a healthier year, with a great group of kids.


Photobucket

No comments: