Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SPRING BREAK!!

Well, it's finally the long awaited Spring Break. I always look so forward to Spring Break, counting down the days until it arrives, and then when it's here,I dread its ending. I just want time to stand still so I can watch all the TV I want, rest all I want, and do whatever I want for as long as I want. Since the break has started, I have done NOTHING. I take that back, I did go to four basketball games on Saturday, but other than that, it has been resting for me. De'Von's team made it to the playoffs, and our first playoff game is next Thursday. Thankfully we don't have any practice this week, and no game this Saturday. I say thankfully, De'Von isn't so thankful. The boys are so bored at home, and I'm tempted to block their number so they will quit calling asking if we can go do something. Eventually, after I've had my peace and quiet, I'm sure we will get out and do something to make this spring break fun for them.

Speaking of the boys, the oldest got into trouble last week at school. :( Ugh, it's very, very frustrating for me. It's hard enough keeping him motivated and encouraged to do his best, and now I think it will be impossible. I don't think details are needed here. Let's just say I'm glad we were issued tickets in middle school for asking for a pencil without permission. Yes, an actual ticket!! With this being his second ticket, he will now have a criminal record. What do I tell the child now? Seriously??

I went to a new neurologist last Monday. We were much more impressed with her than we were the last guy. She is concerned about the cyst on my brain, she changed up my medicine, and she wants to get to the actual cause of my seizures. Unfortunately. my other two doctors did not fax over my records, so she was unable to see all of the testing I had already undergone. After speaking with her at length, my upped my two seizure medications, changed my migraine medicine, and said she may want to redo my EEG. The EEG is where I have to have sensors glued to my head for about 3 days, it's annoying. This will test the brain activity to see if I have any spikes that indicate seizures. The last one I had did indicate seizures, but she said she might want me to do another one. Before we left I asked her about working out. I explained that I feel I can easily do an hour on the elliptical, but I get dizzy. I'm not physically tired (I mean, I am tired, but not so tired I can't continue), but I feel like I might pass out. The room starts to spin, I get light headed, and more times than not, I "black out" or have a seizure when I get off. After we told her this, she said all of my seizures could be heart related. Something about my heart might not be getting enough blood and oxygen to my brain, or something...I don't remember. So, she suggested I see a cardiologist. We were all highly confused, but decided to go with it to rule it out.Well...this past weekend when Russell and I watched Grey's Anatomy, there was a girl in the ER for seizures. Turns out her seizures are caused by a heart condition!! WHAT?!?!?! Russell just looked at me and said "you better call that cardiologist this week!" So, I'll be hooked up to a heart monitor for a day or two checking how my heart goes I guess. So strange, so strange.


Photobucket

No comments: