Wednesday, February 25, 2009

sick kids, strange pets, pineal gland....

First of all, all three of my boys are sick...VERY sick. De'Von called this morning in tears, saying he felt terrible and didn't think he could go to school. De'Von has never missed school due to being ill, so I knew he didn't feel well. He stayed home, and the middle one stayed with him because he felt sick as well. I received a phone call from the nurse at the middle school this afternoon saying that the oldest one had a fever of 103.4 and I needed to come get him ASAP. I'm so worried about my boys. I took the oldest one home and checked on the other two. They were both in bed, covered up all the way past their heads, shivering, but sweating. I asked De'Von if he needed anything, and he just looked at me, started crying, and said "no ma'am". How pitiful is that? I'm hoping their mom will take good care of them, or they will be coming over here!!!
Now on to our strange pets. We have one very dramatic dog! If she isn't getting the attention she thinks she needs, usually from Russell, she starts acting like she will be sick. She makes this terrible grunting noise and gets all dramatic, it's so bizarre. When we give her a little love, she calms down and is just fine. Such a manipulative dog!! Now, on to our cat, Maverick. He hates artificial light, isn't that random? He has broken three lamps, three! If we turn a lamp on, he will go up to it and knock it over if he can, and if he can't, he will just swat at it. If we turn on an overhead light, he will go to the light switch and turn it off. He just stands on the closest table or chair and stretch to turn the switch off. Last night Russell turned on the overhead living room light, but Maverick was unable to turn that light off. Instead, he went to where Russell keeps the flashlight and he knocked the flashlight to the floor. Is that revenge or what? He doesn't seem to dislike all types of light, though, because he will lay in front of the window and sun bathe all day. So strange...
Last thing, my mom has done a little research about the cyst on my pineal gland. Apparently it does not affect only birds. I'm not sure what we are going to do, but I think we will get a second opinion about the MRI results.

Photobucket

No comments: