Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dr. update....

I.don't.like.going.to.the.doctor!!!!!



Starting on Friday night, I had severe headaches, sezuires, and once again, lost my ability to speak. Russell paged the on call doctor with my neurologist office, and it happened to be my doctor that called back. Russell explained what was happening, and the doctor explained this is normal for my type of seizures (partial complex) and my migraines. So, he advised us to just wait it out. He said it could last any amount of time, so we had to just wait. My headaches persisted all weekend, and so did the seizures. I still can't talk normally, I sound like a robot. Luckily, I sound better each day, and the more I talk the better it sounds. I fell several times, and "zoned" out many more. The seizures and headaches are annoying, but the difficulty speaking are so frustrating!!! I sounded like a child just learning how to talk, which isn't good when I'm trying to TEACH!!! So, I decided it was time for us to go to the dr. to get my MRI results. Russell called and they said the first available appointment was April 7th. I was really upset, but Russell is so laid back, he didn't argue with the appointment person. So, I called my mom and she called for me. They got me in today, and my mom and Russell took me.

The doctor showed us the MRI, which showed three irregular things. Two of them I can't remember much about. The third is a cyst. At first he said not to worry about it, that this cyst only has an effect on birds. (UM...WHAT? BIRDS? BIRDS HAVE MRI'S DONE?) So, my mom asked more about it, then he said that it's actually still being researched. So, I'm not sure how I feel about that. He doesn't feel like that cyst is causing the seizures, so I don't know. We left with ZERO answers, ZERO!!! He just told us to come back when this happens again (the speech problem) and they will do a three day EEG (which I've had) and see what it shows. I've had the three day EEG done before, and it did show seizures. So, I feel like we are back at square one. Why go back and do the EEG again if it did show seizures? I have no freaking idea!! So, that's where we are. He even talked about taking me off the medicine, which is just unreal to me.

So, I guess we will just wait. I don't want this speech thing to happen again, so I'm not sure what to hope for. I do want answers, but I don't want to get answers at the cost of having this happen.



Photobucket

No comments: