Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's been awhile....

I haven't updated in awhile..sorry. Things have been fairly busy and hectic. My are kids taking the first of three TAKS tests this Wednesday. I feel fairly good about it. They have worked so hard and this week they showed me they are ready for the big day. There are some kids that wouldn't be prepared no matter what I did. Then, there are some kids that came further than I could have ever imagined. I'm so excited to see their results. My only fear, at this point, is that I'm too confident in their abilities. However, they've worked so hard, I can't imagine their hard work won't pay off. I was so nervous about this year, but I adore my kids. They drive me crazy some days, but they are just kids. It is so hard to remember that everyday. Sometimes we expect them to act older than their age and we forget they are just children. So, if you think about it, pray for teachers and kids this week. It will be stressful!! I may not be stressed at this point, but I'm sure I will be as the day gets closer. Russell and I have to go cover all educational materials on my walls tomorrow. Basically, my entire room will be covered with green butcher paper. I'm picking green (assuming it's still there) for good luck. :) Now that we are close to the test my kids are (surprisingly) getting excited! They are ready to prove themselves, which makes me happy.
My seizures have gotten better. I started a new combination of medicine that seems to be working much better. Hopefully I will be able to drive in August or September. That's assuming the seizures will stay away!
That's it for now. Today was a long day for us. Our "niece and nephew" (Kennie and Sarah) had basketball games ALL day, so we are worn out from that. For some reason, sitting in bleachers all day can be exhausting. But, we wouldn't trade it for the world, we love to watch them play and have fun.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Happy Spring Break! What are you going to do this week? Anything exciting? I'm still in my pajamas and it's almost 10:00. I love vacations from work! :) Miss ya