Tuesday, February 5, 2008

today...

It's been a rough afternoon. I found out one of my uncles has a rare form of stomach cancer. They are doing some aggressive chemo but aren't sure if it will do any good. The worst part of it was that my family knew a MONTH ago about it but chose not to tell me. I'm not terribly close to him, but I would have still like to have known about it. Due to my recent seizures they seem to think I can't "handle" finding out about his cancer. I think that's ridiculous!! It makes me mad because I'm not a kid anymore. I can handle knowing someone in my family is sick. I already feel like a kid again. I can't go anywhere alone since I can't drive, can't shower at home alone (had a seizure in the shower the other day, woke up almost drowning, Russell hadn't heard me fall), can't cook, can't clearn, etc. Now I can't handle knowing someone is sick?? So, I'm not happy about it. So, just for everyone's information, I'm not a freaking child!!!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Blaire - just wanted to send you a comment to let you know I'm praying for you and these seizures. I can imagine a little of your frustration just b/c I had awful pregnancies that left me incredibly sick. Also, sorry about your uncle. I'm praying!

Lee, Kasey, and Jameson said...

I'm sorry :(. I know how frustrating it can be when people choose to keep things from you! We love you very much, and I hope you realize how thankful I am for you. I'm praying for your uncle and of course you!

You are the BEST best friend a girl could ask for!! I wish I was there to help cheer you up, I know Jameson could do the trick! :)

P.S. Your new layout looks SUPER awesome and cute!!