Friday, February 8, 2008

seizure drama...

So, I called the dr. the other day because this new medication is also not working to end the seizures. Actually, the combination of BOTH medications doesn't appear to be working. My mom was just sure it was because I wasn't taking the full 800 mg a day of the new medication (simply because I couldn't take it in the morning, it makes me so exhausted). So, I call the dr. and ask what I should do. They suggest taking both 400 mg pills at night along with the 150 mgs of the other medication at night. Wow, that's a lot of medication!! So, I started that two nights ago and I feel like a zombie!! I don't THINK I've had a seizure since then, but I'm not totally sure. Last time I made that bold statement Russell told me I was wrong and had a seizure just that morning. So, I guess it's good if the medicine works at 800 mgs, but I feel like I can't function, plus I'm in bed by about 7:30 or 8:00 each night. Again, I feel like a child. When I was talking to the dr. this week she was concerned about the fact that I haven't really responded to any of the medication, I'm concerned as well. She wants me to have some blood work done and possibly some other tests. I'm not entirely sure what we are looking for, but I'm glad we are looking. I find it odd that these seizures just popped up out of nowhere, with little explanation.
My 6 months of waiting for life to get back to normal has now turned into 8 months and there is no end in sight. The earliest I can drive is middle of August, if the seizures end now, and they haven't, I don't think. I'm sure that sounds petty, but it's very annoying not being able to drive and get what I need when I need it.
Are you tired of hearing about the drama of seizures?? Well, get used to it. That's what I'm dealing with on a daily basis. Yesterday I was writing with a red marker on the board and noticed it matched my shirt. All of a sudden I started crying because I didn't remember putting that red shirt on or owning that red shirt. My sweet kids are very understanding, but it's annoying having those things happen. It's just emotional and scary. That's it for now.
My kids are at music. We are celebrating the 101st day of school today. Wow, 101 days of school!! Typically people celebrate 100 days of school, but we decided to celebrate 101 days since that fell on a Friday, and our kids wouldn't care about the other day. They are excited about all the fun stuff we have planned, other than the 101 multiplication and division problems. I'm excited about that part, it will take them F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!

1 comment:

katy said...

ok, bright-side katy to the rescue! just kidding... philip and i went from 2 cars to 1 several months ago, and i was so worried at how everything would work out ahving to transport philip (and me) to and from class, work, and everything else.... he told me that God would work everything out and to enjoy the extra time spent in the car together! how's that for looking on the bright-side... extra sweet conversation time with your hubby! ok, i tried. :)