Monday, January 21, 2008

no fancy title

I can't come up with a fancy title for this one...deal with it.



I went to the doctor last week and told her my seizures haven't stopped. She gave me some new medicine, so we'll see how that goes. They also X-rayed my arm that is STILL swollen and bruised from my horse riding adventure 2 months ago. I don't have those results back yet. That adventure is when I had a seizure and fell off of the horse...that's when all of the seizure fun started....



Our best friends started on the biggest adventure of their life today. They are in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania adopting a little boy. More details on that as I get them. For now, you can know that he is due by c-section tomorrow (Tuesday), and his name will be Jameson Luke. We just can't wait to meet him.



I thought I'd take some time to introduce you to my "adoptive nephew", Kennie. He's not really our nephew, we aren't really sure what to call him. Our son, nephew, God son, just not sure. I met Kennie at "meet your teacher night" the day before school started my first year of teaching. He was the first kid to walk into my first classroom my first year of teaching. I will never forget how incredibly nervous I was that day. It was a day I had prepared for, but didn't feel totaly ready for. When Kennie walked in he had such a sweet and innocent smile. That year Kennie and I got very close. His dad showed up at school after being out of his life for 5 years. This was a very emotional time for Kennie. Without going into too much more detail, we've been to court with Kennie, we've cried with Kennie, we've cheered for Kennie at championship football and basketball games, we've lectured him about grades, we've celebrated every holiday with him, and we've simply fallen in love with him. It's a relationship that nobody will understand. We don't have kids yet, but I imagine this is close to the love you feel for a child of your own.If we could, and if his mother ever needed us to, we would take him as our own. So, this is Kennie. His little sister, Sarah, will haver her own post next week. We love her just as much. This is from when he was a second grader (he's now in fourth grade).





The other night when we told him about Kasey and Lee adopting a baby he informed us that we were not allowed to have kids until he was 18. When I asked him why, he said because he needs us to just love him for now. :) How sweet is that??

No comments: