Friday, January 18, 2008

Jameson Luke

Our best friends, Kasey and Lee, found out on Thursday that they have been chosen to adopt a baby boy due on Tuesday. This is my letter to baby Jameson Luke for his baby book. I'm so excited to meet him. Please pray for Kasey and Lee as they prepare for his arrival, especially since Kasey has strep throat!!!!

Dear Jemeson Luke,
I may be your God-mother, but you can call me Aunt Blaire. I hope you will always know that you are just as special to me as Jackson and Carson are. The day we found out you were coming was a day I will never forget. Your mom and I taught at the same school (can you believe they let us do that?) and the kids got out at noon. We had gone to lunch and were trying to get some things done that afternoon since we were kid free early. Your mom and dad had been picked by a different birth mother earlier in the week. That mom was having a little girl. We were waiting for that mother (the one of the little girl) to have a phone call with your mom and dad to make sure it was the right fit. Right after the phone call was scheduled we received another (and very unexpected) call about YOU!! We were told that there was a little boy that was to be born the following Tuesday (keep in mind, this was a Thursday!). His very loving birth mother had chosen Kasey and Lee to be his parents. With tears in her eyes, butterflies in her stomach, your mother frantically tried to get in touch with your dad. He, of course, was on some aircraft and couldn't be reached. I knew you were the right one for them, I just knew you were. I prayed they would make the right choice. Your mom was faced with a new decision, a little boy (you) now or a little girl due in 6 weeks. Over the next hour the Lord made his plan very clear. We told the social worker for your birth mother that we would have our decision by the end of the day. We planned on continuing with conference call with the little girl's birth mother (at 4 that day) and then making the decision based on gut feeling from that point. However, her birth mother wanted to delay the conference call until MONDAY!!!This was THURSDAY!! We knew this was God's way of showing us that YOU were the baby for us instead. Once the decision was made our hearts were instantly in love with you. Before we knew it your dad was at the school with the biggest smile on his face looking like a proud daddy. Your grandma was there too, shaking with excitment. Just the thought of you coming was enough to make us all giddy!! I haven't met you yet but I can't wait until I do. The next few days will be full of your daddy and uncle Russell clearing out your room and preparing it for your arrival. Your mom and I plan on shopping and buying lots of precious little things for you. We love you and can't wait to see all of your little fingers and toes.
I hope you get your moms patience, zest for life, laughter, contagious smile, and dependability. From your dad I hope you get his willingness to give 200 % into everything he does, his love for others and desire to help them, and his genuine want to make your mom happy. From your birth mother I hope you get her courage and ability to make good decisions, even in emotional times.
We love you, we have prayed for you, and waited for you for a long time.
Love,
Blaire and Russell

No comments: