Tuesday, April 26, 2011

lately...

We had a great Easter Sunday. Unfortunately, I was sick on Friday and Saturday, and missed seeing my family on Saturday. We went to church with Kennie and Sarah on Sunday, and really enjoyed it. We have been going to a new church lately, and I think we are actually going to a meeting this week about a group they have there, more on that another day. It's a very exciting thing, but I don't want to share too much yet. :)
Went to the doctor last week. I was running a fever, and I needed a new inhaler and something for back pain. She gave me meds for what was causing fever, and everything else I needed. We discussed my 5k and training. I told her that my weight loss was stand still, so we discussed some ideas. She suggested I not weigh in each week, for sure not each day. That's not easy to do. We decided that I couldn't do it with diet alone (unlike what some people will tell you with WW). I've taken a no excuses approach to my training for the 5k. I went on Sunday, even though I would typically use the whole "day of rest" excuse (lame, I know). Monday, I had my treatment, and got sick 2 times afterwards, but we still went and made the walk (1.25 miles, with hills, killer for me and the dog). We went again today. Russell says it will get easier. I'm not sure when that happens. I do find myself enjoying moments (small moments, but moments). Going uphill, however, is not enjoyable. The first day we went, Maggie was dragging half way through. At one point we stopped to help a lady with directions, and Maggie sprawled out in the grass. By today, she was actually still trotting up until the last quarter mile. Yesterday I left my inhaler at home, and failed to use it prior to our walk. I wanted to quit, send Russell home to get the car, and be done because I was having trouble breathing. Instead, I finished, and was so proud when I was done. I have plans for tomorrow night, so I plan to wake up in the morning and walk on the elliptical. By the time May 22nd gets here (the day of the 5k), I'll be good to go. I think the area we are walking that day is flat, and I'm walking hills here at home, so I should be ok that day.
This week we have TAKS testing at school, so I've been helping with that and have been out of my room. I miss my kids, but hallway monitoring hasn't been too bad. My bestie is leaving on Friday for Italy with her hubby to find a house, and then they come back, only to move there in June. I will miss her so much. So many changes coming so soon. Moving, changing jobs, best friend moving, changing churches, starting the adoption process (possibly...). God has big plans!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sukrati Johri said...

To get any help directly for BT Password call us on this number or visit us at http://www.customercarenumber.co.uk/bt-com-change-password-reset-help/.

Sukrati Johri said...

Hi Friend! Amazing Blog. If you want any help in website development feel free to visit us at http://anomla.com/website_development_company.html.