Monday, December 8, 2008

9 more days...

There are only 9 more days of school until our winter break. We just got back from the Thanksgiving break, but I'm so looking forward to the winter break! I have so much shopping left to do before Christmas, so I guess I'll be doing that the few days before while I'm on the break. This year we have adopted kids from Townsell again. So far we have adopted 14, I think. Luckily, it's not just Russell and myself doing this. We get lots of help from family, friends, Kasey and Lee (they are included in the friends category, of course), and some strangers. We have been able to do lots for these kids this year. Most of their gifts have been purchased and wrapped. I'm done buying for my three boys, and their gifts are mostly wrapped as well. I have had a hard time keeping their gifts a secret. The only reason they don't already have them is because they were wrapped the day they were bought!

This year I am giving Russell tickets to go to the Dave Ramsey seminar when he comes to the Dallas area. I am so not looking forward to this, but he is, so I'm just pretending. I know it's good for our future, so I'll be excited by the time it gets here. I am also done shopping for sweet little Jameson, he was easy to buy for! My sister-in-law is done, I finished her early this year. As for everyone else, I'm at a complete loss!!

My mother-in-law, Penny, has been doing very well the last few days. She is back in isolation and her blood work seems to indicate that her blood cells are doing what they need to be doing. We are hoping and praying she will be home in time for Christmas. Her scheduled release date is the 19th, so it looks like things will be okay. She should have another bone marrow biopsy soon, and that should tell us more. Russell is off all week this week (I am so jealous!), so he plans on going up there to see her quite a bit.

We finally finished the entire football season on Saturday with the pro-bowl game. I should have taken pictures, but I was doing good to get us all there on time, I forgot the camera. Both boys played well (De'Von and Ja'Vontray were on the same pro-bowl team), but their team lost miserably. They had to play against a team that was comprised of the two teams that played each other in the championship. That's not fair if you ask me. I think the boys had fun, but we are all relieved to have a break. Basketball season is scheduled to start in January, which seems like it's far off, but it will be here before we know it. I'm thankful that basketball is an indoor sport, football was starting to get a little chilly. Of course, when summer track starts, I'll be wishing for the chilly football weather!!!

No comments: