Monday, January 26, 2009

A few quick things that have been going on...

1. My precious Godson, Jameson, turns 1 tomorrow!! I can't believe it's been an entire year since we were blessed with his arrival.

2. They have picked four "highly likely" matches for my mother-in-law. As far as we know "they" (whoever they are) are in the process of contacting them to see if they would like to be tested to see if they are a perfect match. It costs about $10,000 to test those four people, and insurance doesn't cover it. Some organization covers the first $10,000, so we are hoping one of the first four will be a perfect match!!! She has kept her spirits high, so we are trying to do the same.

3. I went through 3-4 days of not being able to talk at all, and then barely being able to talk. This all happened after a "routine" seizure. It was very frustrating. Ever since then I've had a terrible headache that won't go away and I'm having trouble staying awake. Russell called my neurologist about it, and they had me do an MRI last Friday. I was so nervous about the MRI because I've heard so many horror stories about them. It honestly wasn't bad AT ALL!! I think I even fell asleep in the middle of one of the tests. The only bad part was when it was over and the technician asked me if I was going in for any treatment that day. What is that supposed to mean? We are very anxious to find out the results of the test and see what's going on.

4. I lost another 2.4 pounds last week, for a total of 9.4. I'm afraid with how nervous I am about my MRI results, I may gain all 9.4 back this week!! EEK!!!

5. We are counting down the days to our first TAKS test. I'm fairly worried about some of my kids, mostly because when I'm at school, my head is pounding and killing me. I just don't feel like I can give them 100%. :( This makes me very sad. I'm sure they will all be fine, but I still worry. We have over a month left until the writing test, so we will be doing lots of hard work between now and then.

6. Basketball is going well. De'Von has come so far since last year and it's been so much fun watching him play!! I'll have pictures next time...

7. I am not rereading this or checking over it, just FYI....

That's it for now.

Photobucket

No comments: