Saturday, November 29, 2008

YIPPEE!!!

I L-O-V-E my new blog header. Thanks Jenny, from Pink Armchair Designs, for such a cute header. I've already been dropping little hints to Russell about getting me a layout package for Christmas. We will see if he listens. :)

We had a great Thanksgiving, although it was a little different. My dad is in California, my step mom is in Arkansas with my brother and his family, and my uncle in in Arkansas as well. My mom, step dad, and grandparents were here, so we stopped by to see them briefly, but we didn't eat with them. We were blessed to have Kasey's family invite us (along with Russell's brothers) to come enjoy Thanksgiving with them. It was nice to have his brothers with us, since we couldn't really get his side of the family together. His mom and dad had Thanksgiving together in the isolation room of the hospital. Penny, Russell's mom, is doing pretty well. She's on alot of pain medicine, so she's pretty out of it. In a few weeks they will do another bone marrow biopsy to make sure her bone marrow is making blood cells without leukemia, that's our next big hurdle. We are hoping she can be home before Christmas, Thanksgiving without her wasn't the same.

Today is Russell's birthday, he's 27!! Unfortunately, he's on call for his birthday, and that all started yesterday. We were all ready to go shopping on Black Friday, not too early - at about 8:00ish, and his pager went off. So, he went home to check it. Apparently the CEO of some big company got a virus on his computer. Russell spent all day yesterday fixing that, and he kept saying it could take all weekend. Luckily he got it fixed before the end of the night, and he was able to get some rest, but he missed out on all of the shopping. After braving a few stores on my own (and spending WAY too much money), I called Kasey and Lee to join me, they are the best! I wish we could go eat or something to celebrate Russell's birthday, but he doesn't like to do anything, knowing he could have to leave at anytime with the buzzing of the pager.

I'm so glad that 27 years ago my hubby made his grand entrance into the world. He was a handful as a child, throwing liver across the grocery store, stepping in buckets of paint, etc. He didn't sleep through the night until his younger brother (born 3 years later) was brought home from the hospital. He thought there was a left and right sock, and would throw a fit if his parents put his socks on the wrong feet. One morning, on the way into the church, he asked his mother what "hell" meant. She started to explain the difference between heaven and hell, shocked her four year old was wanting to know what hell was. After going into a diligent explanation of heaven and hell, Russell asked what "copter" meant. She was so confused, so Russell said "well, if that's what hell means, what does copter mean." He just wanted to know about a helicopter. Oh, my husband. He's so determined, patient, and understanding. I sure feel blessed to be married to him, and knowing him for my whole life! :)

No comments: