Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall update...

Time seems to be flying by. Russell is currently watching Texas get beat by Tech. I know that the outcome of this game will not be what Russell wants, but I'm attempting to keep my mouth shut so I don't ruin the game for him. In order to not spill the beans, I thought I would blog. :)


Things have been fairly hectic, but good, around our house. I am still having my seizures, which is not exactly the good part. I need to get to another doctor sometime soon, but that's where the "things have been fairly hectic" part comes in. I have an amazing group of kids this year in my class. It's amazing how different each group of kids are each year. Last year my kids were very socially mature, and this year they are all very intelligent and sweet. I love each class, and I'm glad they are all so different.


Football season is coming to an end. De'Von's team is in the playoffs. This is the team that Russell helps coach. We are so glad they made it to the playoffs - we weren't sure they would because they had a hard time getting their first win. Once they started playing as a team, things started moving easier. Our first playoff game is next week. Football has been really good for him. He has been a leader on the field and tries to stay positive for every game. We are very proud of him! Now, De'Von at school is a different story!! He was on transfer at my school so that things would be easier on me (he stays with me after school for homework and stuff, and it's just easier to have him there during the day in case something happens). He technically lives closer to my school, but is in a different schools area. Anyway, he kept getting into trouble (being sent to the office for chewing gum, things like that...), and his transfer was revoked. I was really upset for a few days. My seizures have gotten worse since then, but I think the change in schools has been good for him. His new teacher is a male, and he comes home everyday with an abundance of new knowledge. He seems to really enjoy going to school, and he seems to be learning without really even trying. He's like a little sponge, which is how it should be! We are hoping his next report card will be better than the last!


The older two boys had great first six weeks report cards. To celebrate, we went to the Dallas World Aquarium on Columbus Day. Who knew the aquarium could be so much fun? We got there fairly early, and could have stayed all day, but I was kind of ready to go. I don't think the boys expected an aquarium to be as much fun as it was. Tron, the oldest, had to write a paper for school about a day he would never forget, and he had a hard time picking between going to the aquarium and going to the AirHogs game. I thought that was sweet.


I feel very blessed to have these boys in my life. I lived a very long time trying to make my family happy, living my life the way they thought I should, ignoring what I felt called to do. Now that I've decided I'm going to do what I feel I've been called to do (help with these boys, teach at my school, etc) I'm so much happier. My family really doesn't agree (they do for the most part, but some important people don't), but I'm learning that living the life God intended is much more fulfilling than living the life that my family intended. As much as these boys think they need us in their life, we need them just as much.


Here are some pictures from the day at the aquarium...

De'Von, Tron, Ja'Vontray (youngest, oldest, middle) in front of the sharks

J, Tron, and De'Von in front of the leopard (seems random for the aquarium to me...)

No comments: