Friday, June 20, 2008

4 years ago...

Four years ago today Russell asked me to be his wife. :) It was a Sunday, actually, it was Father's Day. I've always felt a little guilty about getting engaged and taking all the glory on Father's Day, but I don't think my dad cared. When I reminded Russell this morning that it was the anniversary of our engagement, he said it was the best decision he ever made and I think I'd have to agree! :) It was not a romantic engagement, although it could have been if I would have been patient. I knew he had the ring, because I demanded I go with him to pick the ring out. Since we had been together so long I was getting a little anxious. He knew I wouldn't wait, so he just popped the question in a very non romantic way. However, the words he said will always be very special to me. I'm very thankful he picked me. :)
We have a basketball tournament this weekend in the Dallas area, and we are traveling to Austin next weekend for another tournament. Kasey, Lee, and Jameson will be going to Austin with us for the out of town tournament, I'm so excited!! My birthday is the Monday after we get back from the Austin tournament, so I think we will celebrate while we are down there. I guess when you have kids you start planning your birthday celebrations and family vacations around their sporting events, huh? Oh well, we will have a great time!!

No comments: