Wednesday, May 14, 2008

thankful...

Although my blog is titled the "queen of drama", I wish I wasn't one. My family has always labeled me that, it's annoying. I'm trying to look for reasons to be thankful each day, instead of always focusing on the negative. So, here are some reasons I'm very thankful today...

1. I'm thankful that we had a very successful field trip today. My kids behaved very well, and it went really smoothly overall. We went to the Cowgirl Museum in Ft. Worth, a stop you must make!

2. I'm thankful that my sweet husband took a day off of work to join my kids on the field trip! He didn't even know where we were going when he asked off at work, he just did it because he knew I needed him to. He was so good with the kids! I put him in charge of my camera and he was sure to take shots of all of them riding the bucking horse and dressing up like cowboys. Such a supportive husband!!

3. I'm thankful that we were able to buy Russell a new car on Saturday. We got him a 2007 Toyota Corolla that is slightly used. It will be perfect for him for work. Since he's already put about 10,000 miles on our CX-7 since December, this will be a better choice gas price wise. Our CX-7 takes the most expensive gas because it has a turbo engine, and it only gets 18 miles a gallon. His new car will get him 35 miles a gallon, takes less gas, and takes the cheapest gas!! ALL GOOD NEWS!!!

4. I'm thankful that I'm now driving myself around! My seizure medicine is (and has been!) working, so we feel comfortable with me driving now. Since we got Russell the Toyota, I'm driving the Mazda, which I LOVE!!!

5. I'm thankful that my parents took amazing care of my 1998 Honda Civic. Yes, we still had the old blue civic. My step dad has been driving it for the past few years, and they have been sure to take extra good care of it, giving it lots of TLC. Well, last night we decided to sell it at CarMax. We held onto it while we had 1 car, just incase we ever needed it for something, but now we don't. So, we took it up there just HOPING we could get SOMETHING for it. Turns out they gave us $2500.00 for it. That's amazing to me. It had over 150,00 miles on it and is 10 years old, but my parents took really good care of it.

6. I'm thankful because with that money from the Civic we will be able to pay off our credit card debt! :)

7. I'm thankful that "D" (as mentioned 2 posts ago) and Kennie's summer basketball season starts tomorrow night. Our first tournament is this weekend. I'm so excited for them. I'm praying that God will make them better friends. Kennie is not handling having "D" around very well.

8. I'm thankful that my mom and I are speaking again. Long story, but we weren't, and now we are!

9. I'm thankful that my God had my dermatologist call me back. My "spot" is still there, but I was too scared to call back about it. I just kept thinking it would go away, but it hasn't. They called last Friday just to check on it. When I told them it was still there they said that they want to see me ASAP, but only when all the doctors have appointments available so I can see all three at the same time. I wasn't willing to take off of work for it, so I'm going next Friday when we have a weather day. I'm so glad that they called and checked on it, and listened to my concerns when I told them it wasn't better. We will see what they say when it's three doctors.

10. I'm thankful I only have 14 more days until summer, school days that is. Two of those days are half days, so that's even better. I've had a great time with my kids this year, but I'm tired. I was so nervous about moving up to fourth grade, but I think it was the best choice for me. I've loved my kids and the age they are at. You can joke with them, but they know when you are being serious and they need to stop. This time last year I was counting down the days and so excited for the last day. I was so miserable and just ready for it to be over. Although I am counting down the days this year, it's only because I'm exhausted. I will truly miss these kids, they have taught me alot this year. I will enjoy my first few days of summer, as I lay on the couch and rest, but then I'll be sad, no doubt.

Alright, enough of the sappy stuff. I'm just really thankful today and feeling very blessed. Hopefully I'll see the positive things more often. :)

1 comment:

katy said...

i think it's awesome that you are taking a thankful approach to things in your life. God can do a lot through the condition of your heart. watch how He starts to work miraculously in and through you guys! love you!